Friday, July 1, 2011

The Week in Brief

Thought I'd provide a week in review post to help you follow the various goings-on around here.

The second submission of the "Reign of Terror" short story has been made to Three-Lobed Burning Eye. Their web site says I can expect to hear back within 90 days.

Mick has properly reformatted and forwarded our Robot Jocks script to someone who's in a better position to know how to query a film agent than we are. We also learned the crucial difference between a montage and a series of shots.

Souldancer revisions proceed apace. Two entire sections have had to be rewritten. The editing process hasn't been nearly as straightforward as I'd expected, but I'm appreciating the challenge.

I'm still trudging through Kirsch's Guide, picking up strange nuggets of information as I go. These insights will be shared in good time. Once I'm finished with that book, my only source of knowledge on the publishing industry will be personal experience, so I'm inclined to parcel out such wisdom sparingly.

End transmission.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the best source of industry knowledge is other writers. :) Good luck at 3LBE. They are pretty prompt, which is good.

Brian Niemeier said...

Thanks for the kind encouragement and your advice, which is always pondered and cherished.

Post a Comment