Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Short Story Submission Update

I submitted my short story to Title Goes Here: yesterday. Their submission guidelines page said that I'd receive an automatic reply from their system in short order, which occurred almost instantly. They further advised me that I could expect to hear from an editor when the story went in their pile. The stated response time for the second notice was up to two weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a personalized message from the co-editor in chief later that same day.

The third and final notice I'll receive will of course be the rejection (or failing that, acceptance) letter. The magazine's web site claims that the final word may not come for 120 days. However, considering the target time to actual response ratio I've experienced in my correspondence with them so far, there's reason to hope for a much speedier resolution. I'll keep you in the loop.

Mick over at This Is a Music Thing enlisted my help with the labels on his posts, so I'm off to see what I can do. I'm open to advice from anyone who cares to give their two cents on this subject.

0 comments:

Post a Comment