Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's a Poor Craftsman Who Blames His Tools

I'll now be discussing my ongoing ordeal with word processors. Fair warning to anyone who doesn't find that topic fascinating.

This PC never had MS Office, so I started out using Open Office. When various weird formatting errors popped up, I switched to Libre Office. That program worked slightly better but still, you get what you pay for.

I finally bought Windows 7 Professional as well as MS Office 2010. Upon trying to install Windows 7, I was informed that I couldn't simply upgrade from Vista Home Basic, adding another snag to my plans. Plus, I'd been running the 32 bit version of Vista due to the mistaken belief that my processor couldn't handle the 64 bit version. Now if I want to upgrade to Windows 7 64, I'll have to erase all of my settings and data and start over. So I'll be sticking with Windows 7 32.

0 comments:

Post a Comment