Friday, June 24, 2011

Next Stop: Three-Lobed Burning Eye

After meticulous research--okay, I searched Duotrope, I've decided to resubmit my short story to Three-Lobed Burning Eye. To be honest, the Lovecraft reference put them over the top.

In keeping with Nick's experiment, I have stepped down from publications offering pro pay scales to semi-pro. Since my primary goal is to build a portfolio of published short stories, a few cents less per word is no problem.

According to Duotrope, their acceptance rate is about 2 and a half percent (pretty good odds while still having standards). They publish online irregularly over the year and print a trade anthology every other year.

I've got a little editing to do in order to meet their submission guidelines. After that, we wait 90 days and see...

2 comments:

Kuroi Kaze said...

Is there a place to read this short story now?

Brian Niemeier said...

You can read part of it in the Stories section of this site. Unfortunately, posting either tale in its entirety would use up first publishing rights, and then I couldn't sell them.
I can, however e-mail them to you.

Post a Comment