Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nethereal Progress Report 3/6/2013


Most agents and editors are too busy to send anything but form rejections these days. I've sent out other queries that were answered with rejections, but all of them have either been form letters or polite but vague rejections. None of them gave direct criticism of my work.

I queried literary agent Russell Galen about Nethereal back in November. He was recently kind enough to give me my first piece of personalized feedback. It wasn't even that much: just a single sentence declaring that my book sounded "fine" to him. However, the slot on his dance card reserved for a sci fi-fantasy author is full.

After months of wondering if my story is irredeemable schlock, someone in the industry has confirmed that it has a modicum of literary (or at least commercial) merit. Again, I know full well how busy the agents who didn't give feedback are. No hard feelings.

I continue the agent search armed with Mr. Galen's encouragement.

2 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Hope you get there and publish.

Brian Niemeier said...

Thanks for the encouragement.

Post a Comment