Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Five Rings NPI

I've joined the Novel Push Initiative over at Nick's Five Rings web site. I'm in some august company there, and when asked how many words per diem I'd pledge, my answer of 1300 seemed reasonable. After all, it's roughly how much I've been editing every day. I'll admit to being made slightly anxious by the fact that many writers far better and more experienced than myself have pledged 250 words. It's possible they know something I don't.

Anyway, I'm not revoking my pledge--simply because that's how much ground I need to cover every day to get the novel revised on schedule. I'll be posting my progress on Facebook.

Good luck to all participants.

3 comments:

Nick said...

Nah, there's no secret you don't already know. We just prefer a larger safety net. (A lot can happen in a month.)
Anyway, good luck!

Ryan G. Sanders said...

I agree, especially after falling out of NPI twice in the past. Oops...

Brian Niemeier said...

You're doing splendidly this time, sir.

Post a Comment