Monday, November 7, 2011

Nethereal Third Draft

I finally finished the third draft of my novel yesterday. I ended up trimming the final page count by about a hundred pages, just from tightening up dialogue and reducing unnecessary exposition. It should now be far easier for a reader to forget about the book and get lost in the story.

Finishing this project doesn't mean I'm done. Not remotely. Next on the agenda is revising and resubmitting my first short story. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice but we're waiting for the next book!

Brian Niemeier said...

Well, I'm certainly glad that there's at least some demand for the next book. I would definitely caution anyone eager for Souldancer that the wait for a sequel doesn't traditionally begin until after the wait for the first installment ends. In this case, that wait entails however much time passes between me selling Netheral and rewriting, editing, and selling the sequel (which I will be getting around to soon).

Post a Comment